As I try to track down the RSS problem, here’s some things to read…
* CB points us back to Gene Expression, where they have an article asking whether information criteria will replace p-values. Answer: yes, they will.
* You can read Chesterton’s Eugenics and Other Evils for free here. Most people don’t know it, but the guy who invented p-values was one of the biggest pushers of eugenics.
* Article on “secret science clubs” that are springing up in various places. This one is in Brooklyn. Apparently, the uber hip crowd asks scientists to come and lecture them. And they’re loving it. Hope for America?
* New book. Is God a Mathematician asks “Is math discovered or created?” Short answer: you can’t discover what isn’t there. So, created.
* Viva Texas! Chuck (He doesn’t sleep; he waits) Norris calls for revolution!