There is nothing more important than Tolerance, Diversity, and Multiculturalism! So we are told. Yet those who tout these traits lie.
This is easy to prove. Go to any person who claims to love the TDM troika and tell them one of the slogans below. If they do not become homicidal or frenzied and are still able to hear you speak, tell them that on the peril of falling into paradox they must tolerate your diverse, differently-cultured view. Their lie will at that moment become obvious—to bystanders. Your interlocutor will remain in his bliss of anger, of course.
Anyway, everybody knows TDM is a tool to enforce uniformity, so there is no point making this news. Nor is it unknown that the term politically correct means opposition to traditional Western culture and morality, and in particular Christianity. But there is tremendous fun to be had in trolling devotees of PC. Thus I announce the…
…First Annual Political Correctness Day!
Our initial task is to find an appropriate date. Fourth of July? Has reasonable rebellious connotations. First of September? All the kiddies are back in their campus safe spaces. Other suggestions? Something not too close so we have time to prepare.
After the date, it’s simple. We troll. Post the slogans below online. Perhaps even wear t-shirts (one of the rare, the very rare, instances where one can be worn outwardly). Hold up signs and post photos with the hashtag #PCDay”. Put posters up in campus halls.
We say/post things like, “If you believe in Tolerance, Diversity, and Multiculturalism, let us debate the proposition that feminism is harmful to women.” Or, “I support Tolerance, Diversity, and Multiculturalism and I think those religions that ban sodomy are right to do so.”
This will release a barrage of “insults”, such as “You are a racist!” or sexist, or x-aphobe (where x is a variable). To which your reply should be, “Fine, I’m a racist. And here is why affirmative action causes more harm than good…”
Discovering that you are immune to the most potent of modern spells will leave your audience bewildered. A PC maven will react like a LARPer, or D&D player, weakly wiggling her fingers at you, mystified that the magic doesn’t work like it has with everybody else.
Why a PC day now? I was inspired by Austin Ruse, “who wrote recently“:
…Political correctness is totalitarian. It takes place in more spots than Twittter, as the progressives want us to believe. It takes place in our daily interactions. Next time you are in your place of employment, say out loud that women with children ought to stay home with them. See what happens to you. Say out loud that children are better raised by their biological mother and father rather than two men and see what happens. Say out loud that abortion should be illegal and see what happens. Of course, you won’t, precisely because you know what would happen. You’d get a reprimand. You might be brought up on charges of creating a hostile work environment. You might get fired.
Or you might lose consulting gigs. But lost opportunities are the small price we pay to have a good laugh.
Beware! When your opponent hears one of these opinions, there may be actual fainting. Have smelling salts ready.
Here, in no particular order, are our slogans. Absolutely none is hateful or mean or insulting or in any way advocates violence. Indeed, the opposite is true. These are amusing debating points; simple ideas which may or may not be true. What’s the harm of discussing them?
- Men and women vary in their mental and physical capabilities such that it is insane not to treat the sexes differently.
- Race is not a social construct, but a real and meaningful biological characteristic.
- Homosexual behavior is disgusting.
- Christianity is preferable to Judaism, Islam and indeed to all other religions.
- Christianity is the one true religion.
- Two men cannot be married to one another.
- Equality is dangerous and dumb.
- Whites are no more inherently racist than any other race.
- A man is not ‘differently abled’, but unable.
- Government cannot define right and wrong.
- Feminism is harmful to women.
- Monarchy is preferable to democracy.
- The death penalty is a just punishment for the most heinous crimes.
- It would be better if women weren’t allowed to vote.
- Affirmative action causes more harm than good
- A man pretending to be a woman is still a man. Yes, he is.
- Society would be better if mothers stayed at home and raised their own children.
- The human mind is not infinitely malleable.
- Constrained immigration, giving preference to Christians, is a wise policy.
- The so-called rape culture on college campuses is a preposterous exaggeration.
- White men have contributed to the intellectual treasure chest of the world more than any other group.
- There are only two sexes.
- Divorce should be illegal.
- Sodomy should be illegal.
- Contraception should be illegal.
- Abortion should be illegal.
Add to these below in the comments. I’ll graduate those that make the cut to the official list (over the next week).
Update: 9 March. Our idea of a PC was thought of by others. See #TheTriggering on Twitter.