A few disconnected observations to wrap up the election. Starting tomorrow, unless events intrude, we return to regular, more rewarding and interesting material.
All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state. –Benito Mussolini
We’ll give the founder of fascism defining rights. The State is Mother, the State is Father. That’s fascism. The State as the source and definer of the good. That is fascism. That’s progressivism. That is the Left.
Elections have consequences. –Barry Obama
Ideas have consequences, too
With those as our palate cleansers, here are some ideas, in no particular order, about how to make the Left’s worst fears become reality.
- Let police use the time-tested, old-fashioned methods to quell riots.
- Prosecute and jail those calling for the President-elect’s assassination.
- Toss vandals in the hoosegow. Give them the maximum sentence.
- Arrest those who illegally block traffic and disturb the peace. Truncheon those who resist arrest. Insist on large monetary penalties.
- Prosecute for conspiracy and racketeering those who funded illegal riots and disturbances of the peace.
- Institute martial law (when necessary). Restore order.
- Spank and shame the snot-nosed bratty pathetic whiny spoiled brats who attend campus “cry-ins” and weep bitter tears into coloring books. Put their names on lists to made available to employers.
- Fire their professors for gross negligence of duties.
- Revoke federal funding for universities who forgot their teaching and civic duties.
- Purge the bureaucracy of those who abused sick leave to suck their thumbs and quiver in the dark.
- Give blanket parties to scum actors who compare Trump’s election to 9/11. The murder of thousands in my backyard equivalent to an election! I personally will punch Robert De Niro in the nose if I ever see that weasel, that filth lower than the dog shit I scraped off my shoe on the street. (Regular readers may wish to start a bail fund for me.)
- Dig a giant pit in the remote Utah desert and in it bury any who worked for the state media.
Fine ideas, all. Maybe the pit is a bit much, if only because one deep enough to hold all bottom feeders who work in the media would be prohibitively expensive to construct. And anyway in this bunch are many worms. The rest of the recommendations should be adopted forthwith.
The extreme Left’s first reaction is—have you ever noticed?—violence, uncivil disobedience and emotional over-reaction. It must be stopped. What’s the line from the movie? They bring a knife, we bring a gun.
The State media’s goal is not truth, but an end. They will do anything in service of that end. The end is greater than the truth. They will manufacture, they will slight, they will shade, they will blind themselves, they will blind you. Their biggest and continuous sin is the sin of omission. If they pretend not to have seen it, it didn’t happen.
A steady stream of propaganda is produced by abuse of language. The Sabine women suffered less than the English language at the hands of our state media. Criminals roaming the streets vandalizing property, beating the innocent, and causing mayhem and injury they call “protests.”
Never mind the bug-wits who don’t understand how elections work or who cry and kick their feet and screech and are proud of their tantrums, the foolish children who bawl “Not My President”, the bloodthirsty Tolerants who resort first to violence, who vandalize and destroy, and call for assassination. These are mobs, the rabble. Forget, for a moment, all that.
Riots are not protests!
Call an action a protest and you award it a certain legitimacy; you say the people participating have a point; you announce that detractors should be ashamed since protesters are merely exercising their “rights.”
There is no right to riot.
Turn off the state media. Refuse to read, listen, or watch them. We have the absurd spectacle of those who are willing to lie, who told us Trump would never win, now telling us why he won and what his victory means. They stoke the flames of riots. They celebrate violence. Protests forsooth! Make them pay. Turn them off.
(Note: if you don’t cancel your cable, the Clinton News Network etc. still get a portion of your check, regardless of whether you watch them.)
Diapers for all
Worst for last. “Literally shaking” hollow-brained safe-spacers are advocating wearing diaper pins for no reason that is consonant with sanity.
I emphasize they are doing this voluntarily. Let’s make this mandatory.